Stew offers the convenience of portable packaging
Historically stew is a simple, hearty meal – one that regular eaters consider comfort food. Until recently, the category has featured more traditional meal options dominated by cans with limited variety. Responding to consumer demand for quick, convenient yet flavorful meals, Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods is tackling a big challenge: reinvigorating the stew category.
Hormel launches Dinty Moore Big Bowls, a concept that combines the top-selling stew with the convenience of portable packaging. Big Bowls are loaded with hearty chunks of meat and vegetables that satisfy true hunger – for times when regular soup just won’t cut it.
Ready in less than two minutes, Dinty Moore Big Bowls feature a larger, 15-ounce microwavable bowl with new varieties including: Traditional Beef Stew; Chicken and Dumplings; Scalloped Potatoes and Ham; Italian-style Stew with Meatballs; and Southwest Chicken Stew.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »