Stew offers the convenience of portable packaging
Historically stew is a simple, hearty meal – one that regular eaters consider comfort food. Until recently, the category has featured more traditional meal options dominated by cans with limited variety. Responding to consumer demand for quick, convenient yet flavorful meals, Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods is tackling a big challenge: reinvigorating the stew category.
Hormel launches Dinty Moore Big Bowls, a concept that combines the top-selling stew with the convenience of portable packaging. Big Bowls are loaded with hearty chunks of meat and vegetables that satisfy true hunger – for times when regular soup just won’t cut it.
Ready in less than two minutes, Dinty Moore Big Bowls feature a larger, 15-ounce microwavable bowl with new varieties including: Traditional Beef Stew; Chicken and Dumplings; Scalloped Potatoes and Ham; Italian-style Stew with Meatballs; and Southwest Chicken Stew.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »