Flatbread melts offer flavorful sauces, melted cheeses and high quality meats
On average, Americans consume more than four sandwiches per week, with 28 percent of Americans eating more sandwiches than they did in prior years. With the popularity of sandwiches continuing to grow, so too does demand for distinct and new alternative lunch options. Consumers are now looking for a more sophisticated and adventurous meal that provides unique flavors and bread varieties.
Solon, Ohio-based Nestle Prepared Foods Co. rolls out Lean Cuisine Flatbread Melts, which are soft on the outside and include flavorful sauces, melted cheeses, high quality meats, and other ingredients on the inside. The Flatbread Melts are similar to a high-end lunch wraps typically found at a restaurant or café. However, Flatbread Melts offer a more convenient way to enjoy an indulgent meal without the guilt since they have only 330 calories and contain no more than nine grams of fat.
Varieties include: Chicken Philly, grilled white meat chicken, onions, peppers, pepperocini and a cheddar cheese sauce; Chophouse Steak, beef steak, onions, red peppers, blue cheese crumbles and a mild blue cheese ranch sauce; Pesto Chicken, grilled white meat chicken, sun dried tomatoes, red peppers and a creamy pesto sauce; and Chicken Ranch Club, white meat chicken, tomato, bacon, cheddar and mozzarella cheese with a ranch sauce in a delectable soft flatbread.
“Lean Cuisine Flatbread Melts give consumers new meal variety and a more sophisticated experience,” says Kristin Gibbs, director of marketing for Lean Cuisine. “Women want to be able to indulge their lunch cravings more often, and Lean Cuisine allows them to do so.”
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »