Kid-friendly mini pasta is ready in seven minutes
Sadly, only one in four families eats together every night, according to Parade magazine. Barilla America, Bannockburn, Ill., introduces Barilla Piccolini, the first line of miniature classic Italian pasta shapes.
Bite-sized Piccolini, which means “little ones” in Italian, are ready in seven minutes and are perfect for the whole family. Kids love the “just for me” size, while parents enjoy the traditional shapes and with a quick cook time of seven minutes, Piccolini keeps its al dente texture. Varieties include Mini Farfalle, Mini Penne, Mini Wheels, Mini Fusilli and Mini Ziti. They’re available in select markets, primarily in the Northeast.
As part of its Kids Italian Table initiative, Barilla has teamed up with children's book publisher Scholastic to create a custom story and activity book about sharing family meals. Available in the May issue of Scholastic Parent & Child and on Scholastic.com, Mealtime Magic is filled with kid-friendly activities that capture the imagination of families and make cooking traditional Italian dishes a memorable experience.
"As the world's No. 1 pasta maker, Barilla is passionate about bringing families together and teaching children to enjoy wholesome meals at an early age," says Kirk Trofholz, president of Barilla America. “Barilla and Scholastic strive to teach and inspire children to broaden their understanding of the world around them, such as the spirit of authentic Italian cooking.”
Phone: (800) 922-7455
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »