Pizzas, Soups From The Mexican Chef
Chicago-based Frontera Foods introduces Gourmet Mexican pizzas, natural gourmet thin and crispy pizzas in the freezer case in three varieties: Roasted Tomato, Four Cheese & Cilantro with Mexican herbs; Roasted Vegetable, Monterey Jack & Poblano with red and yellow peppers; and Chicken Chipotle & Red Onion with smoked gouda.
Rick Bayless is founder of Frontera Foods and award-winning chef of Chicago’s Frontera Grill and Topolobampo restaurants, as well as host of the public television cooking series Mexico One Plate at a Time. He and his team spent many hours creating just the right crust: an all-natural artisan crust made from the finest ingredients with just a touch of honey and olive oil. This tender dough is gently hand-stretched before it goes into an old-world brick oven to achieve the perfect crispness and bite.
Mexican herbs and just a touch of chili pepper give the pizza sauces sparkle. The cheese blends and generous toppings are inspired from Chef Bayless’ travels in Mexico, where pizza is eaten regularly topped with salsa, jalapenos and other peppers. Mexican pizzas are made with natural ingredients and are free of preservatives, trans fats, colorings and artificial ingredients.
Frontera Foods also introduces five Mexican soups. Hand-crafted with fresh, natural ingredients and free of preservatives, trans fats, colorings and artificial ingredients, each bottle is ready to heat and serve. Varieties include: Roasted Tomato Soup with garlic and smoked paprika; Roasted Vegetable Soup with corn, poblanos and Mexican herbs; Black Bean Tomato Soup with chipotle and garlic; Classic Tortilla Soup with roasted tomatoes and red peppers; and New Mexico Three Bean Chili with roasted tomatoes and corn.
Available nationwide at Whole Foods stores, major supermarkets and other natural and specialty foods stores, suggested retail price is $6.49 for a 13-oz. pizza and $3.99 for a 16-oz. jar of soup.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »