Whey Masker-1 Introduced to Beverage Manufacturers
Taste Advantage LLC introduces natural Whey Masker-1 to beverage manufacturers. Whey Masker-1 is a new ingredient that has been specially formulated to help overcome the dry, rough puckering sensations often associated with the consumption of whey protein in high acid beverage applications.
Whey is an advantageous ingredient but it has its drawbacks. Seen as a good source of protein, whey is more water soluble than Casein protein. Whey is often utilized over other sources of protein in beverages, because it remains clear and is relatively stable to heat at low pHs, which makes it a favored candidate for high acid, hot packed beverages. Other proteins tend to denature when exposed to the heat and acid required in hot packing resulting in “hazy” beverages or sediment from the protein losing solubility.
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- PureCircle unveils high-purity Reb D
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »