New Bases Create Shelf-Stable Foods, Save Energy
Advanced Food Systems has introduced a new line of dry bases to be used to produce retorted sauces, soups and ready-to-eat meals for foodservice or retail. These Chef-Ready Retortable Bases are specially formulated with ingredients that maintain excellent flavor, color, and texture through the heat and pressure of retort processing and final preparation. In fact, in many cases flavor is enhanced during retorting due to the development of reaction flavors, the company states.
Because they are shelf-stable and therefore require no refrigeration or freezing in shipping and storage, these bases and the end products made with them also offer significant energy savings. Further cost savings in shipping and storage are achieved because dry bases weigh less and are more compact than water-containing bases.
Chef-Ready Retortable Bases are available in a wide range of varieties such as marinara sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, butter sauce, demi-glace; chicken, beef, vegetable, and seafood stocks; soup base; and chili. Custom bases are also available.
The dry bases are easy to work with and quickly hydrate using water at ambient or warm temperatures. They can be easily combined with meat, pasta or other such ingredients prior to retort processing.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »