Packaging Technology Doubles Shelf Life for Fresh Poultry
Israel-based Teva-Off has launched fresh poultry with an eight-day shelf life using proprietary packaging technology by Hefestus, Israel. This new invention helps the producer and the retailer cut product cost and number of returns significantly as a result of improving processes in the supply chain.
Meat and poultry products are highly sensitive to oxidation and, more importantly, rapidly decompose and suffer damage via bacteria. Shelf-life of such products is at most four days. Teva-Off has succeeded in doubling its poultry product shelf life to eight days. This breakthrough in protecting poultry-product freshness and extending shelf life can influence the entire supply chain from manufacturer to consumer. Short shelf life in meat and poultry products typically causes large amounts of returns and discards of expired products, while decreasing profit significantly.
Teva-Off developed the new product with Hefestus’ proprietary packaging technology, Hera SLB (Shelf Life Booster). A high-quality applications laboratory performed shelf-life tests on a daily basis over a period of several months.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »