Reduced-Calorie Juice Drinks Do Not Contain Artificial Flavors, Colors, Sweeteners or Preservatives
Odwalla Inc., Half Moon Bay, Calif., has added two reduced-calorie juice drinks to its product portfolio. Mojito Mambo natural juice drink with vitamins C and E and Pomegranate Strawberry natural juice drink from concentrate with vitamins C and E are refreshing nutritional beverages with one-half the calories and sugar of other leading premium juice drinks. They are fortified to provide 50 percent of the daily recommendation of antioxidant vitamins C and E. And like all Odwalla products, the quenchers do not contain any artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
Sweetened with a combination of Truvia natural sweetener, organic evaporated cane juice and fruit juices, each drink has 50 calories per eight-ounce serving for consumers who are seeking a natural, reduced calorie and reduced sugar beverage.
Developed jointly by Odwalla parent Coca-Cola Co. and Cargill Inc., Truvia is one of the much talked about, zero-calorie sweeteners using rebiana, which comes from the stevia leaf. Harvested at the peak of sweetness, stevia leaves are dried and steeped in water, much like tea. This extract is then refined and purified. The origin and the process are natural.
Suggested retail price for a 450-mL (15.2-oz.) grab-n-go recyclable plastic bottle is $3.29.
Phone: (800) 639-2552
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »