Microwavable Meal Starters Feature Authentic Mexican Flavors
The flavors of Mexico come alive with two ethnic products introduced by Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods.
The Dona Maria brand, known for its authentic Mexican flavors and convenient products, introduces Platillos, a line of Mexican meal starters and the perfect accompaniment to rice or warm tortillas. These microwavable meal starters heat in just 90 seconds, while still providing slow-cooked authentic taste and flavor. Varieties include: Chicken with Mole; Pork with Salsa Verde and Meatballs with Chipotle Sauce.
Another option from Hormel Foods is Bufalo Salsa para Botanas, a hot sauce for spicing up a main dish or for use in a dip. It is made from two chile varieties that combine to create a bold taste, primarily used with chips or pork skins. The authentic heat and flavor is from the guajillo and the arbol, two intensely hot chiles used in Mexican cooking.
Suggested retail price for a 10-ounce portion of Platillos is $2.99. Bufalo is 99 cents for 12.3 ounces and $1.99 for 33.8 ounces.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »