Two Soy Peptide Ingredients Expected to Boost Consumer Demand for Soyfoods
Soy Labs introduces LunaSoy and Lunasin XP, two new ingredients that are expected to re-energize consumer demand for soyfoods and spur growth opportunities for manufacturers of functional foods and nutraceuticals. The foundation for both ingredients is Lunasin. Scientific evidence indicates that Lunasin is a key component in soy protein responsible for its cholesterol-lowering properties.
While soy has long been linked to heart health, recent studies indicate that protection of the Lunasin peptide component is the key to its ability to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol. Lunasin selectively disrupts a necessary step in the production of a key enzyme, HMG-CoA reductase. With the levels of that enzyme lowered, the liver produces less cholesterol. Additionally, Lunasin upregulates the expression of the LDL-receptor gene, thus increasing the number of receptors available to clear LDL cholesterol from the bloodstream.
LunaSoy is a versatile soy protein complex ideal for formulation in functional foods and beverages. It delivers twice the bioactive Lunasin, per gram, as soy protein isolates and at a
significantly lower price point. Lunasin XP is a proprietary soy peptide extract formulated specifically for dietary supplements and provides optimal protection of the Lunasin peptide.
Both ingredients allow manufacturers to cut product cost while enhancing their product portfolios and providing greater health benefits to the consumer. With a dosage equal to the 25 grams of soy protein recommended for heart health, Lunasin-enriched soyfoods and products are ideal for consumers who prefer to manage their cholesterol through diet and exercise.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »