New Herbals Pave the Way for A Children’s Tea Party
The Republic of Tea, Novato, Calif., introduces Little Citizens’ Herb Teas, the first line of naturally caffeine-free, organic rooibos-based, fair trade-certified (by TransFair USA) herbal teas for children.
Varieties, which include Strawberry Vanilla Tea, Tangerine Tea and Apple Cherry Tea, are made from organic rooibos or red tea, a naturally caffeine-free, anti-allergenic herb from South Africa, recognized for remarkable antioxidant properties and as an aid to the immune system. Rooibos is paired with herbs (not standard commodity tea herbs) and natural ingredients to produce each tin, which contains 36 unbleached, round tea bags, free of unnecessary strings, tags or stables.
Each label depicts a fanciful, richly colored image of mascot Bamboo the panda bear and his animal friends enjoying tea and books in exotic locations including India, South Africa and Vietnam.
Suggested retail price is $10.50, so the cost per serving is less than 30 cents per tea bag.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »