Whole Grain Brown Rice in a Stress-Free Package
Nine out of 10 Americans still do not consume the recommended amount of whole grains, which may help reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes, and provide valuable nutrients for the body.
Last year, the FDA extended the existing whole grain health claim to include brown rice, regardless of fiber content, even though brown rice has always been a whole grain. The FDA health claim states, “Diets rich in whole grains and other plant foods and low in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, may help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.”
Whether it’s enjoyed as the base of a balanced meal or as wholesome side dish, brown rice can be cumbersome to prepare. Just in time for National Nutrition Month in March, Hackettstown, N.J.-based Mars North America rolls out Uncle Ben’s Boil-In-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice in a stress-free, convenient cooking package. Providing the full daily requirement of whole grains, it takes only 10 minutes to prepare. While Uncle Ben’s has offered Boil-in-Bag products for more than 20 years, this is its first to be made with whole grains and it is expected to fly off the shelves.
The packaging displays the Whole Grains Council 100% Whole Grain stamp and a Healthy Heart icon directly on the box for easy whole grain identification.
Suggested retail price is $2.59.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ