Surprises for Jelly Belly
When Fairfield, Calif.-based Jelly Belly Candy Co. set out to develop a kids mix, they went to the source. The company interviewed children, pre-teens and teens to determine which Jelly Belly jelly bean flavors they loved most. The result is a collection of 20 kid favorite flavors being introduced in Jelly Belly Kids Mix.
As expected, Very Cherry, Green Apple and Watermelon flavors were the most popular with the youthful panel, but there were some surprises. “Kids generally love the fruit flavors. Blueberry and Raspberry both scored much higher than we expected so we added them to the mix. On the flip side we expected Peanut Butter and Caramel Corn to do well, but neither made the cut with kids,” says Rob Swaigen, director of marketing.
Available in a variety of sizes, suggested retail price is $1.99 to $2.49.
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »