Surprises for Jelly Belly
When Fairfield, Calif.-based Jelly Belly Candy Co. set out to develop a kids mix, they went to the source. The company interviewed children, pre-teens and teens to determine which Jelly Belly jelly bean flavors they loved most. The result is a collection of 20 kid favorite flavors being introduced in Jelly Belly Kids Mix.
As expected, Very Cherry, Green Apple and Watermelon flavors were the most popular with the youthful panel, but there were some surprises. “Kids generally love the fruit flavors. Blueberry and Raspberry both scored much higher than we expected so we added them to the mix. On the flip side we expected Peanut Butter and Caramel Corn to do well, but neither made the cut with kids,” says Rob Swaigen, director of marketing.
Available in a variety of sizes, suggested retail price is $1.99 to $2.49.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »