Anti-Rancidity Protection Now Available for Ready Meals
New findings on VivOX 4, an all-natural preservative that is produced and marketed by Vitiva, suggest effective anti-rancidity protection for various types of meat-based ready meals. This versatile oil-soluble, water-dispersible formula helps increase shelf life and reduces WOF (warmed over flavor), while keeping important organoleptic characteristics of the product.
Production of meat-based ready meals includes thermal processing that affects the fats present in food and increases their oxidative instability. This instability is even greater when foods are battered and fried, due to oil pick up of fried products such as chicken nuggets, battered fish etc. During cooling, freezing, transportation and warehousing, there is an increased exposure to oxygen and light, which accelerates unwanted changes of ready meals like rancidity, organoleptics characteristics and appearance of WOF. According to Bharat Book Bureau, manufacturers are developing ready meals making it more convenient for consumers to develop ‘homemade’ style food, involving the use of fresh and local ingredients. The demand for freshness overlaps with trends in healthy ready meals, which still remains an important and growing sector.
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- PureCircle unveils high-purity Reb D
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »