Shaft Seal Handles Severe Radial Run-Out And Axial Shaft Movement
Inpro/Seal company now offers two shaft-sealing systems for the containment of powders, abrasives, liquids and toxic vapors: the Air Mizer-PS and the Articulating Air Mizer- PS with upgraded design features.
The Air Mizer product line was developed to use minimal amounts of air pressure to seal shafts where dry particulates, powders and bulk solids are handled, processed, packaged and stored. They can be installed on screw conveyors, mixers, blenders, rotary valves, feeders, gates, clinker grinders, bucket elevators, diverters, scales, bagging machines, dust collectors, discharges, classifiers, screens, extruders, separators, shredders, sifters, gate valves, metal detectors, pulverizers, crushers, coolers, augers, transfer pumps, fillers and similar dry powder and bulk processing equipment.
Inpro/Seal modified its compound labyrinth bearing isolator to incorporate air as an extra sealing solution. As with all Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolators, the original Articulating Air Mizer - PS is a non-contact seal that avoids direct egress of the particulate material and assures the highest levels of performance. Its major innovation is the inclusion of a unique design feature that uses a solid wall of air that functions as a barrier for contamination and works to retain product where it should be – in the equipment, not outside of it.
Working with shaft diameters of ½" – 36", end users obtain the latest in non-contacting technology with an air purge that accepts severe radial and angular shaft run out up to ¼". It will help end users boost equipment reliability, reduce costs, extend sealing efficiencies and increase bottom line results, without equipment modifications.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »