Steam-Textured Soy Protein for Chocolate Inclusions
Solbar Industries Ltd., Israel, will introduce the first in a series of unique applications for their steam-textured soy filler in praline chocolate centers.
“Bontex Soy-Chocolate Inclusions” are to be used in chocolate centers, which are typically filled with nuts of one kind or another. A visual description of this application can now be found on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYxE0UwF0c .
Unlike traditional textured soy flours, Bontex team-textured soy protein has none of the strong soy off-flavors which have given a negative image to many soy products. Due to a unique proprietary process which removes volatile flavors and preserves essential nutritional values, the protein binds into puffy agglomerates, with particles cut and sieved to five optional size and shapes: small and large fine particles, minced, small and large pieces.
Bontex offers relatively fast rehydration rates when compared with typical extruded products (three to four times weight in just two to three minutes in hot water, or two to three times weight in just three to four minutes in cold water). It is possible to apply Bontex with natural colors and flavors during the steam-texturizing process.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »