New Buttery Spread Bones Up On Calcium
Despite general knowledge of the importance of calcium in our diets, nine out of 10 girls and three out of four boys don't get enough of this important nutrient, according to the USDA Agriculture Research Service. Also, there has been a decline in vitamin D levels among adults over the past 10 years.
Unilever, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., introduces Shedd’s Spread Country Crock Calcium Plus Vitamin D, identified by its blue lid.
Each serving (equivalent to one tablespoon), provides 100mg of calcium, which is 10 percent of the Daily Value (DV) for calcium, and 80 IU of vitamin D, or 20 percent of the DV. That equals as much calcium as a 1-oz. slice of low-fat cheese and four times as much vitamin D as an egg. Compared to butter, this product has 70 percent less saturated fat, half the calories, no cholesterol, and zero grams of trans fat per serving.
Suggested retail price is $2.39 for a 15-oz. container and $3.89 for 45-oz.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »