New Buttery Spread Bones Up On Calcium
Despite general knowledge of the importance of calcium in our diets, nine out of 10 girls and three out of four boys don't get enough of this important nutrient, according to the USDA Agriculture Research Service. Also, there has been a decline in vitamin D levels among adults over the past 10 years.
Unilever, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., introduces Shedd’s Spread Country Crock Calcium Plus Vitamin D, identified by its blue lid.
Each serving (equivalent to one tablespoon), provides 100mg of calcium, which is 10 percent of the Daily Value (DV) for calcium, and 80 IU of vitamin D, or 20 percent of the DV. That equals as much calcium as a 1-oz. slice of low-fat cheese and four times as much vitamin D as an egg. Compared to butter, this product has 70 percent less saturated fat, half the calories, no cholesterol, and zero grams of trans fat per serving.
Suggested retail price is $2.39 for a 15-oz. container and $3.89 for 45-oz.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »