New Buttery Spread Bones Up On Calcium
Despite general knowledge of the importance of calcium in our diets, nine out of 10 girls and three out of four boys don't get enough of this important nutrient, according to the USDA Agriculture Research Service. Also, there has been a decline in vitamin D levels among adults over the past 10 years.
Unilever, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., introduces Shedd’s Spread Country Crock Calcium Plus Vitamin D, identified by its blue lid.
Each serving (equivalent to one tablespoon), provides 100mg of calcium, which is 10 percent of the Daily Value (DV) for calcium, and 80 IU of vitamin D, or 20 percent of the DV. That equals as much calcium as a 1-oz. slice of low-fat cheese and four times as much vitamin D as an egg. Compared to butter, this product has 70 percent less saturated fat, half the calories, no cholesterol, and zero grams of trans fat per serving.
Suggested retail price is $2.39 for a 15-oz. container and $3.89 for 45-oz.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »