Certified Organic Annatto Extracts for Coloring Are Now Available
D.D. Williamson announces the arrival of Certified Organic Annatto Extracts for coloring. The hue of annatto, a natural food coloring, ranges from yellow to orange. Both water-soluble and oil-soluble versions are available. Food processing customers using either of the new colorings can label “organic annatto extract” on ingredient declarations in the United States.
Applications for water-soluble annatto include natural cheese, ice cream, snacks, breakfast cereal, and baked goods. Oil-soluble annatto can apply in process cheese, margarine, spreads, vegetable oil, salad dressing, snacks, frosting and confectionery coating.
Annatto, a carotenoid, is extracted from the outer coat surrounding the seeds of Bixa orellana trees – grown in South America, Caribbean, Central Africa, India, and Philippines. Quality Assurance International (QAI), an agent for USDA’s National Organic Program, certified D.D. Williamson’s processing facility in Port Washington, Wisconsin.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »