New Compound For Food Hoses Prevents Accelerated Wear
Trelleborg Industrial Hose launched a new compound for food hoses that prevents the accelerated wear usually associated with static dissipation when transferring powdered foodstuffs.
Trelleborg Industrial Hose can offer a white food grade compound that is conductive enough to dissipate static electrical charges according to ISO 8031 while meeting the requirements of FDA 21 CFR 177.2600.
The common black hoses used for non-food powders are conductive and can therefore dissipate electrical charges effectively along their structure or to the ground. However, white rubber is usually preferred for transfer of food products and to meet food regulations, such as those of the Food Directives Agency (FDA) in the US, there are strict limitations on the type of ingredients used in rubber compounds. Most of those that usually make rubber conductive are restricted for use in contact with food stuffs. This means that the life of white hoses transferring food stuffs is significantly lowered.
The new white rubber compound from Trelleborg Industrial Hose is conductive enough to dissipate static electrical charges according to ISO 8031 while meeting the requirements of FDA 21 CFR 177.2600. It is proven to give extended life in powdered food processing applications.
The new white compound is available in two hose types, each with a black outer protective cover:
- SUPERVRAC for bulk tank truck unloading
- TRELLVAC for either stationary or mobile vacuum systems
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »