Process Aid Improves the Body, Consistency, and Conversion Characteristics of Cheese
CrystalBan from Nutricepts, Inc., a way to improve the body, consistency, and conversion characteristics of Cheddar, Colby, and Jack cheeses is now available from Nelson-Jameson, Inc. As its name implies, CrystalBan also prevents calcium lactate crystal development.
CrystalBan, a joint development of the University of Minnesota and Nutricepts, Inc. stops acid development in a controllable and consistent manner throughout blocks and barrels of cheese. It also increases the solubility of calcium and lactate in the cheese, preventing crystals from forming.
Implementation of CrystalBan requires no major changes to cheese production systems and is easily integrated into current salting belts.
Phone: (800) 826-8302
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- PureCircle unveils high-purity Reb D
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »