Packaging System Doubles Shelf Life for Fresh Cut Salads
Funken, Germany, recently adapted an innovative packaging system solution, developed by Hefestus, Israel, to overcome the challenges of its fresh cut salads' shelf-life.
Short shelf life of fresh cut salads is a major challenge for manufacturers and retailers alike, who want to provide a fresh salad to the consumers without the fear it might get spoiled or damaged.
The Hefestus team has conducted several trials to adapt its packaging system to Funken's specific demands.
SLB “Shelf Life Booster,” Hefestus’s proprietary packaging technology, enables Funken not only to increase its salads shelf life, but also to maintain the delicate texture and freshness of the vegetables. It also dramatically decreased the time required to pack the fresh cut salads as an outcome of moving from a manual packaging machine to an automatic packaging system.
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »