Grill-ready vegetables in a kit
Another reason to fire up the grill: Minneapolis-based The Sholl Group II/Green Giant Fresh, marketer of select Green Giant Fresh (a trademark of General Mills Inc.) produce, launches Green Giant Fresh Patio Grillers. this is the first national brand to offer grill kits composed of fresh produce, chef-inspired sauces and a recyclable, no-mess grill tray.
Grilling is increasingly popular, especially as families choose to eat more meals at home. According to the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Assn.’s 2009 Industry Trend Report, 77 percent of households own an outdoor grill or smoker and 95 percent of grill owners used their grill in the past year. The most popular holidays for barbecuing are Memorial Day (56 percent), 4th of July (69 percent) and Labor Day (50 percent).
Fresh Patio Grillers are available in five varieties: Fire Roasted Salsa with red pepper, jalapeno, poblano, garlic, onions and tomatoes with chili lime seasoned oil; California Blend with broccoli, cauliflower, squash, zucchini and carrots with chive butter sauce; BBQ Blend with broccoli, red potatoes, squash and carrots with garlic herb sauce; Green Bean & Carrot Blend with chive butter sauce; and Baby Red Potatoes with rosemary herb sauce.
All varieties go from grill to table in just 20-25 mins., and the grilling tray provides no-hassle preparation. Simply empty the bag of vegetables and sauce into the tray and place on the grill, stirring occasionally. Once the vegetables are consumed, the no-mess tray can be recycled.
Suggested retail price is $5.99 to $6.49.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »