Frozen Fruit Smoothies At Home
U.S. consumers have fallen in love with fresh fruit smoothies. Chiquita Brands International, Cincinnati, partners with frozen fruit juice manufacturer Old Orchard Brands, Grand Rapids, Mich., to make their at-home preparation a snap with an affordable, blend-and-serve smoothie made with all-natural ingredients.
Chiquita Frozen Fruit Smoothie concentrates contain no artificial sweeteners, coloring or preservatives, and are gluten and dairy free. Each smoothie serving contains at least one-half cup of fruit and 100 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. Packaged in a recyclable 12-oz. plastic container, the product can be found in the frozen section of grocery stores. Available in four flavors -- Strawberry Banana, Banana Colada, Peach Mango and Mixed Berry -- each can produces three 8-oz. servings when blended with ice and water, an ideal choice for consumers who want the great taste of a smoothie but seek an affordable option for convenient at-home preparation.
“At retail storefronts, the average cost of a smoothie is between three and four dollars each,” says Mark Saur, president of Old Orchard Brands. “An 8-oz. serving of Chiquita Frozen Fruit Smoothie is well under a dollar and provides a full serving of fruit, so it’s a great way for consumers to integrate fruit into their diets.”
Suggested retail price is $2.69 per can.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »