Trop 50 is a Breakthough In OJ
For consumers who seek less sugar and calories and want to avoid artificial sweeteners, Chicago-based Tropicana Products, a division of PepsiCo Inc., launches Trop50. Whether that stands for 50 calories per 8-oz. serving or 50 percent less sugar and calories (and no artificial sweeteners), this category innovation delivers the goodness of orange juice in three varieties -- Pulp Free, Some Pulp and Pulp Free Calcium & Vitamin D.
Trop50 is the result of more than 18 months of research and development working to find the perfect intersection of taste, nutrition and reduced sugar and calories. Tropicana's proprietary formulation squeezes in a full day’s supply of vitamin C, is a good source of potassium and provides 10 percent of the DRI of vitamins A and E. It’s sweetened from the stevia plant (using PureVia rebaudioside) along with juice squeezed from fresh lemons.
Suggested retail price is $3.59 for 59-oz. cartons. Trop50 Pulp Free Calcium & Vitamin D is also available in 12-oz. bottles for $1.69.
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »