Australia-based Olive Oil Maker Aiming To Be The Best Olive Oil In The World
Telopea Downs, Australia-based OliVaylle Pty LLC of Victoria launches its signature product, Oli’Vaylle Olive Nectar, an ultra premium extra virgin olive oil, which the company unabashedly describes as the finest extra virgin olive oil in the world.
It’s a bold claim that OliVaylle makes with confidence, having devised a process that is entirely unique in the industry, producing an olive oil so pure that OliVaylle’s founder, Jorge de Moya, places it well above the current classification for extra virgin olive oil.
OliVaylle’s production process is completed on the OliVaylle Estate in a scant six hours, from the trees to the storage tanks.
Mechanically harvested from the trees to reduce contamination (plucking fallen olives off the ground is strictly forbidden at OliVaylle) and prevent bruising and other damage, olives are de-pitted prior to crushing; olive paste and olive oil are carefully protected from oxygen throughout the process; and temperatures are tightly controlled from crushing through shipping to prevent premature aging.
In an industry where major producers literally vacuum olives off of the ground and use high temperatures to extract every last drop of oil (a process ironically called “cold pressing”), OliVaylle instead lowers the temperature.
De Moya was pleasantly surprised to find that olive oil’s much-touted health benefits go hand-in-hand with the quality of the oil, which is measured by free acidity: the lower the free acidity of olive oil, the higher the beneficial anti-oxidants. OliVaylle’s Olive Nectar has a free acidity level of 0.08—extra virgin olive oils now on the market can have a free acidity level up to 0.8.
Suggested retail price for a 500ml bottle is $30.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ