Barrier Film Provides A Sustainable Packaging Solution
With a reduction in weight of 25% to 50% compared to traditional liners, the new FeatherWeight Film provides sustainability advantages in cereal, snack, baking mix and other high-barrier applications.
Developed by Alcan Packaging Food Americas, innovative FeatherWeight Film uses less plastic resin, energy and landfill space. Processors benefit from freight savings and reduced operations costs due to fewer roll changes. FeatherWeight also offers outstanding machinability and puncture resistance and runs on existing machinery at basically the same settings as the traditional calipers.
The new lightweight packaging also delivers an easy-open seal and high clarity that reveals the quality product inside.
Alcan Packaging supports FeatherWeight Film and all its flexible packaging with best-in-class service and support tools, such as ASSET (Alcan Sustainability Stewardship Evaluation Tool). ASSET analyzes the sustainability of packaging by considering economic, social and environmental impacts at each stage of its life cycle.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »