Special K Shakes It Up With Weight-Management Shakes
One of the most widely anticipated product launches of the season doesn’t feature the bells and whistles of most consumer products, such as phones and video games, but consumers can’t wait to get their hands on it just the same. Kellogg Co. Battle Creek, Mich., introduces Special K Protein Shakes, the brand’s first weight-management shake. The grab-and-go breakfast for on-the-go women is ready to drink and comes in a convenient, single-serve, reclosable plastic bottle – giving women the perfect partner for all-day weight-management.
The shakes are available in three flavors: Milk Chocolate (190 calories), French Vanilla (180 calories) and Strawberry (180 calories).
Each contains 10g of protein and 5g of fiber to help take the edge off hunger plus vitamins A, C, D and E, along with other nutrients such as calcium, which is being linked to weight management.
While the new shakes began appearing in the diet and nutrition aisles of supermarkets nationwide as early as May 1, current supplies already are selling out. Kellogg Co. is working to increase production to ensure avid fans can find the product.
Suggested retail price for a four-pack is $6.29.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »