Propel Relaunches With Green Packaging
Bringing a new wave of excitement to the enhanced water category, New York City-based PepsiCo re-launches Propel, a low-calorie, nutrient enhanced water beverage designed to help hydrate and nourish the body's momentum. With just 10 calories per serving), most Propel flavors contain vitamins C and E and B vitamins.
In addition to modernizing its look, packaging, flavors and portfolio offerings, a new flavor Blueberry Pomegranate has been added to the line. And two new sub lines with added nutrients have joined the franchise. They include: Propel Body - in Peach Mango, which contains 10% of the DV of fiber, at only 20 calories (the fiber accounts for 10 calories) per 8-oz serving; and Propel Mind (10 calories per serving) in Black Cherry, which contains vitamin E plus choline, an essential nutrient for the brain.
Propel’s new 500 mL packaging contains 33 percent less plastic and 30 percent less label than the previous 500 mL bottle. From an energy saving standpoint, this packaging change is the equivalent of taking 6,800 cars off the road (or eliminating 37,450 metric tons of greenhouse gases) a year.
"We are excited to offer a fresh new spin on a category leader, as Propel is an original that helped launch the entire vitamin-enhanced water beverage aisle," says Danielle Vona, vice president for Propel. "With an enhanced portfolio of products and a new eco-friendly look and design, Propel is providing those on-the-go with a great tasting, low-calorie enhanced water with antioxidants and now with additional nutrient options."
New flavors and packaging are in stores now in 20-oz. and 24-oz. single bottles and 16.9-oz. 6-packs and 16.9-oz. 12-packs.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »