Consumers Choose Acai Berry For Their Jelly Bean Flavors
Fairfield, Calif.-based Jelly Belly Candy Co., the candy makers known for innovative jelly bean flavors have made history once again with the introduction of the Superfruit Mix jelly beans, which are gluten-free, dairy-free, gelatin-free, certified OU Kosher and supply 25 percent of the DV of vitamin C.
The assortment of five flavors, available in 3-oz and 5.75-oz pouch bags, includes Acai Berry -- the dark, rich color of the berry native to the Amazon, its complex flavor tastes of exotic berries with delicious notes of chocolate, and is made with real acai berry juice. Acai (pronounced ahh-sigh-ee) Berry was suggested by a majority of consumers who responded to an invitation by Jelly Belly for suggestions for new flavors and was the winning flavor among consumers who voted for the best new idea and Barbados Cherry -- an emerging superfruit making appearances in food and beauty products, the new Barbados Cherry Jelly Belly bean is a natural take on the tropical tart cherry and is made with the real fruit juice. Also known as acerola, Barbados cherries grow in the West Indies, Brazil, Jamaica and the northern areas of South America. Other flavors in the Jelly Belly Superfruit collection are Blueberry, Cranberry and Pomegranate, all made with real juices and purees. currents, grape skins and hibiscus. Other flavors in the Superfruit Mix include Cranberry, Blueberry and Pomegranate, made with natural flavors, real juices and colors derived from natural sources including currants, grape skins and hibiscus. Jelly Belly even developed a new jelly bean recipe for this collection of flavors using tapioca syrup and evaporated cane juice, a less processed form of refined white sugar.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now ╗
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now ╗