Flatbread Melts Mean Good News For Desk-Bound Office Lunches
More than a third of workers skip lunch because of an increased workload or to trim expenses. Nearly half (45 percent) say they’re taking shorter and/or fewer lunch breaks than they did a year ago.
Kraft Foods Inc., Northfield, Ill., wants to help workers take back their lunch hour with four varieties of DiGiorno Flatbread Melts, a line of premium, single-serve handheld meals. With toasty flatbread folded over Italian-inspired ingredients -- such as white meat chicken, fire-roasted vegetables and delectable cheeses -- new DiGiorno Flatbread Melts help consumers make the most of their busy lunch break with a hot, restaurant-quality meal in less than 4 minutes in the microwave.
DiGiorno Flatbread Melts are available in four varieties: DiGiorno Chicken Parmesan Flatbread Melts, white meat chicken, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses and green peppers in a sweet marinara sauce; DiGiorno Italian-Style Meatball & Four Cheese Flatbread Melts, Italian-style meatballs, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses in a sweet marinara sauce; DiGiorno Chicken & Bacon Ranch Flatbread Melts, white meat chicken, applewood smoked bacon, Mozzarella cheese and red onion in a ranch sauce; and DiGiorno Steak & Fire Roasted Vegetables Flatbread Melts, steak, a blend of Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses, fire-roasted red and yellow peppers, zucchini and red onions in a sweet marinara sauce.
“Whether you’re buried under a full desk of work or running late to a meeting because of noontime traffic jams, we understand that finding time to enjoy lunch can be a challenge,” says Tom Moe, director-marketing of DiGiorno. “With new DiGiorno Flatbread Melts, we’re serving up a delicious, premium meal in just minutes to help busy consumers make the most of their lunch.”
Suggested retail price is $3.19.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »