Desktop Cuisine From Chi-Chiís Breaths New Life Into Workplace Lunches
Forty-nine percent of Americans who work in an office eat lunch at their desk at least three times a week, according to a survey conducted by Kelton Research.
Unfortunately, 47 percent of these workers say they feel hungry again within just three hours of their midday meal. Current meal choices often leave workers feeling unsatisfied, and they’re craving more variety in their daily lunch routine.
That’s why Austin, Minn.-based Hormel Foods is breathing new life into workplace lunches east of the Mississippi and in Minnesota and Iowa with the introduction of Chi-Chi’s Fiesta Plates Microwave Meals – contemporary, Mexican-inspired lunch offerings. After just 90 seconds in the microwave, these shelf-stable meals deliver flavorful, and satiating, meals sure to keep hungry office workers satisfied.
Varieties include: Creamy Chipotle Chicken, grilled white chicken with Chipotle sauce, peppers and rice; Savory Garlic Chicken, grilled white chicken with black beans, rice, peppers and garlic cilantro cream sauce; and Salsa Chicken, grilled white chicken with cilantro rice, tomatoes, onions and peppers.
Suggested retail price is $2.69.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ