Breakfast Lovers Rejoice Over Frozen Breakfast Items
According to Packaged Facts, the frozen breakfast food category catapulted in 2008 with growth of 5.1 percent over the previous year, helping to drive the overall frozen food sector while other food categories declined due to current economic conditions.
Capitalizing on that surge, Cedarlane Natural Foods Inc., Carson, Calif., launches of a line of frozen breakfast items, including egg white omelettes and egg white breakfast burritos. Cedarlane claims the egg white breakfast items are the first such products in the frozen food category, and they represent the company’s ongoing commitment to developing unique and healthy prepared meals.
Cedarlane Natural Foods Egg White Omelettes are all gluten-free, high in protein and low-glycemic. Varieties include: Spinach & Mushroom; Green Chile, Cheese & Ranchero Sauce; and Vegetable & Cheese with Turkey Bacon.
Joining the new omelette items are Cedarlane Natural Foods Egg White Breakfast Burritos, offering a hearty, healthy and high-protein breakfast in two varieties: Vegetable & Cheese and Vegetable & Cheese with Turkey Bacon.
“We are thrilled to bring to market our new, first-of-its kind egg white breakfast items,” says Robert Atallah, founder and president. “In keeping with our legacy of providing great-tasting natural food products, we created this breakfast line with our customers’ health in mind.”
Suggested retail price is $3.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »