Sparkling Spring Water Infused With Organic Ingredients Offers Essence Of Flavor Without The Calories
R.W. Knudsen Family, Chico, Calif., introduces Sparkling Essence, a simple combination of sparkling spring water infused with organic ingredients in four flavors including: Organic Lemon, Organic Cucumber, Organic Blueberry and Organic Mint. They’re packaged in 10.5-oz. slim cans and sold in four-pack carriers.
Consumers of all ages are drinking lower-calorie beverages more often than they did several years ago. The largest decrease in consumption of full-calorie carbonated beverages is among women in their 20s and 30s, who decreased their intake by approximately 42 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, released by the American Beverage Association.
Sparkling Essence meets consumers’ needs for a light, calorie-free, organic beverage. Each variety provides an invigorating splash of flavor for enjoying while on the go, relaxing or working. To create a zero-calorie yet flavorful drink, R.W. Knudsen uses a unique process. Authentic organic ingredients are brewed in fresh spring water; then the fruit is extracted leaving only the subtle flavor of the fruit without the sugar or calories.
Researchers at Johns Hopkins University found that eliminating one serving of sugar-sweetened drinks a day produced weight loss and was associated with a one-pound loss at six months and a one-and-a-half pound drop at 18 months into the study.
Suggested retail price per four-pack is $3.79-$3.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »