A Little Hibiscus In Your Tequila?
New York-based Proximo Spirits launches Gran Centenario Rosangel, the first hibiscus-infused tequila. Made with Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila, Rosangel is the perfect liquid for mixing in classic tequila recipes such as the margarita or for adding delicious and unique creativity to a variety of cocktails.
Rosangel (40 percent alcohol by volume) yields a complex, perfumed nose with ripe fruit and floral notes, plus hints of vanilla. The palate holds flavors of dried fruits, which lead to a smooth and gentle finish, and the sophisticated sunset pink color visually stimulates the senses and encourages cocktail experimentation.
Handcrafted in Jalisco, Mexico, Rosangel is made of the sweetest, 100 percent Highland blue agave, chosen after a generous life of 10 to 12 years, beyond the usual eight years for other tequilas. The hearts of the agave are baked for up to 72 hours in traditional clay ovens to guarantee that even the subtlest flavors of the agave remain. After the resulting liquid is fermented and distilled, it rests in new French Limousin white oak barrels for a minimum of 10 months, after which it is blended with a small amount of older Tequila reserves for character and balance. To make Rosangel, the Reposado tequila is further rested for two months in Port barrels, which imparts Rosangel’s sunset pink hue and deepens the complexity of its flavor. Finally, the liquid is infused with the natural flavor of delicately sweet Mexican Hibiscus flowers, a staple in Mexican culture and cuisine. Rosangel is packaged in an art deco-inspired bottle.
“We are very excited to expand our Gran Centenario Tequila portfolio to include an offering that adds a fun and sophisticated twist to our ultra-premium lineup,” says Michelle Sanders, senior marketing manager, Proximo. “Rosangel speaks to both women’s and men’s palates and is superb when enjoyed neat, on the rocks or mixed into cocktails.”
Suggested retail price for a 750ml bottle is $36.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »