Smartclamp Simplifies Installation Of Mechanical Belt Fasteners
Flexco has announced the introduction of the SmartClamp system for safe, efficient belt clamping in parts and package handling or other light-duty applications. It is designed to decrease downtime by significantly increasing the ease and speed of installation of Clipper® and Alligator® mechanical belt fasteners.
With its wedge grip design, SmartClamp quickly and safely permits pulling of belts with up to 2,000 lb (900 kg) of load. Each individual clamp is rated to 1,000 lb (450 kg) load. It is compatible with belt thicknesses ranging from 1/16 to 5/16 in. (1.5-8 mm).
The system is ready for use with the setting of just four SmartClamps, two each on the right and left hand sides of the belt. In doing so, users eliminate the need for time-consuming adjustments that prolong repairs during a breakdown situation.
SmartClamps feature a large impact plate, providing a large, sturdy striking surface. A return spring post holds wedges up, enabling users to quickly and easily slide the belt into clamping position. The clamps’ soft beveled edges also enhance belt engagement and provide a smooth transition from the clamp to the belt. Additional holding strength stems from SmartClamp’s textured lower wedge.
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515-4200 (see map)
Phone: (630) 971-0150
Fax: (630) 971-1180
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »