Twenty-one Day Shelf Life for Fresh Sea Food
Hefestus, Israel, has created an advanced packaging solution for extending fresh seafood shelf life. This packaging system protects the safety and freshness of the product while retaining shape and product appearance.
Seafood and fish are highly susceptible to oxidation and degradation. Classic thermal processing methods like cooling, usually are deployed to protect and extend the shelf life of fish and fish products. Other options are to use ice — which requires special drainage and handling processes to avoid possible pathogenic contamination — or to vacuum-pack with special equipment. Although there is increasing awareness of health benefits of fish and seafood, consumers often resist purchasing fresh seafood due to its short shelf life.
SLB technology, shelf life booster, further enables manufacturers to pack fresh fish and seafood and keep its freshness, good flavor and high quality for up to twenty-one days.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »