Progresso Cooks Up High Fiber Soups
While consumers regard fiber as the No. 1 ingredient to positively impact health, nine in 10 Americans are not getting the recommended daily value (DV). In fact, nearly 80 million baby boomers say they are seeking more fiber in their diets.
General Mills, Minneapolis, rolls out a line of Progresso High Fiber soups, raising the bar for taste, nutritional value and variety among ready-to-serve soups.
Varieties include: Chicken Tuscany, Creamy Tomato Basil, Hearty Vegetable and Noodles and Homestyle Minestrone -- all with no added MSG, no artificial flavors and 7g of fiber (28 percent of the DV) per serving.
This latest offering is part of the Progresso brand's ongoing focus on healthy innovations. Suggested retail price for a 19-oz. can is $2.69.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »