Microwavable Grilled Flatbreads Available in Crispy or Soft
Weight Watchers Smart Ones, a Pittsburgh-based H.J. Heinz Co. brand, gives lunch time a boost with new flavorful Smart Ones Artisan Creations, a line of microwavable grilled flatbreads.
The flatbreads boast real grill marks, robust flavor and whole strips of steak or chicken, topped with fire-roasted vegetables and tasty sauces. In addition to serving as a better-for-you lunch option, mid-day munchers can enjoy them either crispy or soft by following the package instructions for a sandwich that suits personal tastes.
Each of the varieties has a Weight Watchers Points value of six, has 310 calories or less, and 6-8g of fat. Options include: Chicken Marinara with Mozzarella Cheese (grilled white meat chicken, fire-roasted bell peppers and onions, and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, topped with marinara sauce on a flatbread); Savory Steak and Ranch (seasoned beef steak, fire-roasted green bell peppers and onions, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese with a creamy ranch sauce); Southwestern Style Chicken Fiesta (grilled white meat chicken, reduced-fat cheeses and fire-roasted vegetables complemented by a roasted red bell pepper sauce) and Chicken Bruschetta (grilled white meat chicken, tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers and reduced-fat mozzarella cheese with a creamy roasted garlic sauce).
According to NPD Group, sandwiches are ranked among the most popular items eaten by Americans and are consumed at 37 percent of all lunches. Knowing the lunch time favorites are so well loved, the Smart Ones brand team wanted to offer sandwich options that deliver the same type of bakery-baked flavor with appetizing ingredients that satisfy cravings and complement a healthy lunch experience.
Suggested retail price is $3.29.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »