Prebiotics and Probiotics For Baby Promote Balanced Digestive System
New York-based HappyFamily introduces HappyMelts, the first infant food boosted with both prebiotics and probiotics to promote a balanced digestive system, the foundation for a strong immune system.
HappyMelts is a naturally sweetened, freeze-dried yogurt snack that melts in baby's mouth and is easy to pick up and swallow. Varieties contain organic fruit and organic yogurt, are gluten-free, fortified with calcium and vitamin D, high in protein, low in sugar and contain no artificial colorings or flavors and no GMOs. They do contain over two billion live and active probiotic cultures.
Probiotics have been shown in some studies to reduce the severity of diarrhea and certain allergies in children, and prebiotics work in conjunction with the probiotics to encourage the development of these gut-friendly bacteria. The consumption of pre- and probiotics together has been linked to a decrease in the number of respiratory infections in some children. To ensure optimal nutrition, Dr. Robert Sears, noted pediatrician and author, worked with the team to develop HappyMelts.
Varieties include: Banana Mango, Strawberry and Mixed Berries (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries). They are packaged in a resealable, 1-oz. bisphenol-A free foil bag.
Available at Babies R Us, Whole Foods and Target, the suggested retail price is $3.69 to $4.19. The company collaborates with Project Peanut Butter (www.projectpeanutbutter.org) to feed malnourished children in Malawi and Sierra Leone.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »