Country Choice Reduces Environmental Impact
Whoever said good things come in small packages definitely knew what they were talking about. Eden Prairie, Minn.-based Country Choice Organic is repackaging its long-time favorite Soft Baked Cookies, made without wheat ingredients, in a new compact box to reduce excess packaging and improve the freshness of every cookie.
Country Choice Organic Soft Baked Cookies (100 calories per pouch) are baked fresh and individually wrapped to retain their chewy texture and homemade taste. They are available in five varieties -- Old Fashioned Oatmeal, Oatmeal Raisin, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Double Fudge Brownie and Oatmeal Cranberry in the natural food aisle. Eliminating the standard polystyrene tray and overwrap reduces the overall amount of plastic used in packaging and ensures each cookie is as fresh as the next.
"Our Soft Baked Cookies are a customer favorite, and now we've reduced the environmental impact of buying the product," says Chief Cookie Officer John DePaolis. "The packaging improvements significantly reduce the amount of materials used in production and improve the cookies' freshness."
Each package has 12 percent less material and contains 100 percent recycled paperboard. By reducing the carton size, Country Choice minimizes the amount of packaging materials and can increase the number of boxes on each pallet (11 percent more), dramatically reducing transportation-related miles and carbon emissions.
Suggested retail price for an 8-count box is $3.99
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »