Sanitary Vacuum-Controlled Metal Pumps Handle Large Solids
Wilden announced its Vacuum-Controlled (VC) Saniflo Series Metal pumps feature the design parameters necessary for sanitary applications where the passing of large solids is needed, along with the absence of media degradation.
Saniflo VC pumps—which are available in 102-mm (4”), 152-mm (6”) and 203-mm (8”) sizes—are ideal for these operations because they do not employ an air motor, but, rather, utilize a vacuum generator to draw the product into the wetted housing. Filtered compressed air is then used to push the product out of the wetted housing and downstream of the pump. This design capability, which requires the need of very little liquid, makes Saniflo™ VC pumps the choice for sanitary applications as diverse as the delicate handling of whole strawberries and prepared-meal packaging to waste processing.
Saniflo VC pumps are constructed of stainless steel, consist of only two moving parts and can pass solids as large as 15.2 cm (6”). Its design complies with USDA requirements concerning the sanitary handling of food products.
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »