Reintroducing Cream Of (Whole) Wheat
B&G Foods Inc., Parsippany, N.J., launches Cream of Wheat Healthy Grain Instant Hot Cereal, a strategic step to rebuild the venerable brand it purchased in 2007 from Kraft Foods.
Available in two varieties – Original and Maple Brown Sugar –they are made from 100 percent whole grain (42g per serving), are an excellent source of fiber (6g), calcium, vitamin D, iron and folic acid, are a good source of protein (7g) and are cholesterol free, low in fat and contain 0g of sugar. Cream of Wheat Healthy Grain has received the Whole Grain Council’s 100 percent Whole Grain seal.
“We are building on the tradition of the well respected Cream of Wheat brand, reminding consumers how good it was and how good it still is,” says David Wenner, president and CEO. “We are delighted to expand the brand with the introduction of the new Healthy Grain line of products that speak directly to consumers’ desire for nutritional products with more whole grain and fiber.”
Introduced in 1893, Cream of Wheat is among the leading, most trusted and widely recognized brands of hot cereals sold in the U.S. Cream of Wheat is available in original, 10-minute, 2½-minute and 1-minute versions, and also in instant packets of original and other flavors, including cinnamon swirl and maple brown sugar. A whole grain version of original 2½ minute Cream of Wheat was introduced by B&G Foods in 2008.
Suggested retail price is $3.99
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »