Antioxidant-Rich Smoothie In Seconds
Seven of 10 Americans do not consume the recommended amount of fruit. Now Minneapolis-based General Mills makes it easy to get plenty of antioxidant-rich fruits into any diet, on any schedule. Its Yoplait brand has combined its yogurt with real fruit for a frozen smoothie kit Yoplait Frozen Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies that goes from freezer to fabulous in seconds.
Smoothies are a great way to fit in essential vitamins and minerals needed every day for good health. But commercial smoothies are often calorie- and sugar-laden, and making a smoothie at home can be a real chore.
Yoplait Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies are available in three flavors: Triple Berry, Strawberry Banana and Strawberry Mango Pineapple. Each freezer package contains frozen fruit and Yoplait yogurt. Just add 1 cup of milk and blend. There are two 8-oz. servings per package.
A good source of calcium, each Yoplait smoothie contains a full serving of fruit as well as Yoplait yogurt pieces with live and active cultures and is an excellent source of vitamin C, which can help protect cells against the effects of free radicals.
“A nutritious smoothie can be hard to find and even harder to make,” says Jason Walters of Yoplait marketing. “With 110 calories per serving and simple ‘Just add milk and blend’ prep, Yoplait Frozen Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies take out the worry and the work. You get a fast, delicious smoothie you’ll feel great about drinking.”
Suggested retail price is $3.29.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »