Soft and Smooth Mini Bagels Debut
If finding great-tasting, on-the-go snacking options kids enjoy is an ongoing challenge, Downers Grove, Ill.-based Sara Lee North American Fresh Bakery has set out to provide the solution with the introduction of four varieties of 100-calorie Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Made with Whole Grain Mini Bagels.
Compared to traditional 300-calorie bagel offerings, the 100-calorie mini bagels provide a preportioned snack that moms can confidently provide to their children as an easy breakfast option or quick lunch addition. The "Made with Whole Grain" varieties contain 9g of whole grain per serving, which is nearly 30 percent of the USDA daily intake recommendation for kids ages 2-8. The 100 percent whole wheat mini bagels provide 20g of whole grain per serving, which is more than 40 percent of the USDA daily intake recommendation for kids ages 9-18.
Varieties include: 100 percent Whole Wheat; Made with Whole Grain blueberry; Made with Whole Grain cinnamon and Made with Whole Grain plain. They provide families with a simple and portable snack that has the whole grain nutrition, mild taste and soft texture inherent in Sara Lee Soft & Smooth products.
"It’s important for to us understand the ongoing challenges moms face when looking for great-tasting and more nutritious options to include in their kids’ meals,” says Tim Zimmer, vice president, Sara Lee North American Fresh Bakery. “With the success we’ve seen from the Soft & Smooth line, we wanted to bring the winning combination of great taste and whole grain nutrition to other products and give moms even more options – whether it’s for the lunchbox or for snack time.”
Suggested retail price for a 12-count bag is $3.29.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »