Jelly Belly Celebrates With Hello Kitty
Janet Hsu, President of South San Francisco-based Sanrio Global Consumer Products, and Herm Rowland, Sr., Chairman of Fairfield, Cal.-based Jelly Belly Candy Co. and fourth generation candy man, announce the signing of an agreement for Jelly Belly jelly beans in licensed iconic Hello Kitty packaging to arrive on retail shelves this fall. The adorable packaging and delicious flavors will make the Jelly Belly Hello Kitty Gift Box a must-have for all Hello Kitty fans, and the co-branded product brings pop icon appeal to the joint efforts of two global fans.
“Jelly Belly’s quality and true-to-life flavored jelly beans are a perfect match for Hello Kitty,” says Hsu. “Our new partnership comes at a key time for Hello Kitty as we celebrate her 35th Anniversary this year. The super cute packaging, along with Jelly Belly’s signature flavors, is sure to be an instant hit among our fans and Jelly Belly lovers of all ages.”
The new 10-Flavor Jelly Belly Hello Kitty Gift Box holds a custom selection of flavors including Berry Blue, Cotton Candy, Buttered Popcorn, Cinnamon, Coconut, Tangerine, Green Apple, Juicy Pear, Watermelon and Very Cherry.
In addition, a cute 1-oz. flip-top Jelly Belly Hello Kitty box holds a selection of assorted flavors of Jelly Belly beans. These clever boxes open at the top and click closed and are the perfect size to take along wherever you go. The single serving size box is ideal for a pocket or a bag. Packed in 24-count display caddy, this item is suitable for the checkout counter, displayed with other Hello Kitty merchandise and included on the candy shelf along with Jelly Belly beans.
“The whimsical Hello Kitty brand is a great fit with our Jelly Belly brand and the two brands together will appeal to a broad range of girls and young women,” says Rob Swaigen, vice president of Jelly Belly Candy Co.
Suggested retail price is $7.99 for a 4.25-oz box.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »