Ingredient Systems Protect Meat Flavor, Improve YieldAdvanced Food Systems has expanded its proven Fresh'O line of food ingredients to include products that reduce flavor-damaging oxidation in meats such as pork, beef and poultry. These new ingredient systems were developed based on AFS’s Fresh'O Fish systems which are well known for their ability to improve flavor in seafood products.
Fresh'O ingredient systems perform a variety of functionalities, depending on the requirements of the finished product. For example, Fresh'O Beefprevents the development of warmed-over flavor in ground beef dishes such as chili or taco fillings. In poultry, Fresh'O Chicken reduces the strong flavor and lightens the color of dark meat, while Fresh'O Turkey masks gaminess and lightens color. Fresh'O Pork systems prevent flavor loss in pork, such as smoked pork ribs, as they are subjected to freeze/thaw cycles and storage.
Fresh'O ingredient systems are highly effective at low usage levels and are supplied as easily-hydrated powders which can be applied by marinating, tumbling, spraying or injection. These ingredient systems contain natural flavors and are clean label-friendly.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »